One of our new teen writers: Sarah is a 16 year old girl from Connecticut. She enjoys singing, dancing, and one day would like to be a teen fiction author.
Here’s a list of items most teens would not want you to know:
- We secretly have one cartoon/movie/show/game/stuffed animal that we should have grown out of but still love. It’s embarrassing but just like you, we treasure our childhood as well.
- We know parents are not the bad guys. We yell and roll our eyes only because you are telling us what we don’t want to hear.
- We’ll open up and talk if you promise to listen. Half of the battle is miscommunication. We don’t want to share anything if you’ll be biased and judge us.
- Girls want to date the guy parents would approve; we just can’t find him yet.
- If we complain about a certain person to excess, we’re in denial that we actually have a crush on this person.
- Blasting music = relieving stress/anger
- We want the freedom and responsibility but we’re afraid to grow up. Growing up means loosing what we have now.
- We love family outings. It’s nice to do things with the people we love (without fighting).