I had a questions submitted to me for my Radical Parenting Intern social network for teen influencers and I thought I would share the answers (from age 14-18 year-olds):
If you had an opportunity to get your ideas published (novel, poetry collection, short collection, etc), would you do it? What would you like to write?
- “If I had an opportunity to get my ideas published, I would take it in a split second, with no hesitation. I would probably write a short, fictional story, or embellish on an experience that I have had in the past. I also really enjoy writing essays on various topics such as love, fear, passion, and the like. (Basically, the result of teenage angst). Obviously, I would keep in mind who the audience of my work was going to be, just to know if certain things would be deemed inappropriate.”
- “I think if i ever had the opportunity to get my ideas published I would take it. Sometimes I think I use a computer keyboard to ramble about my thoughts but if I wrote something that I was really proud of, it would be really cool have the public read it. I would definitely like to write a short collection. I don’t think I have the patience to write an entire novel, but I love telling stories. My favorite short collections are those where all the stories connect in some way. “
- “If I could have my ideas published I would. I would like to have my ideas about the media published. How I think that the media is immoral and causes many of the problems that they report about.”
- “I do not think I would have my writings published–maybe anonymously because I would be nervous people would judge my work and a lot of what I write is really personal to me. I do not think that people would understand it or they would take it the wrong way.”
- “I would be so nervous, but I would def do it! I have so many short fantasy stories I would want to publish a collection of them and maybe along with some of my friends short stories as well.”