Carys is one of our teen writers who is 13 and from Trinidad, loves to write and act.
1. Anything you say or do reflects on your child. He/She is the one that will later decide if wants to make the same choice you have made or not.
2. Everything negative you say about your teen’s appearance brings their self-esteem down–even if you might have said it without intention.
3. If you keep treating their feelings without consideration he/she will turn to someone else for help. Always be there.
4. There is a probably something you did without asking their permission. Maybe, you tried to help, but you did it without them asking for it. Make sure and ask her permission.
5. Give good judgment. Do not argue and tell them what is right and what is wrong, they probably feel that you are trying to make them perfect.