Ajibike is a 17-year-old from Monroe, Louisiana. She enjoys watching Novak Djokovic play tennis, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, devouring books, starting her own novels, and dreaming about medical school.
It’s that time of year again, the Christmas, Hanukkah, whatever-you-want-a-kah shopping spree. In the midst of bull-dozing through Wal-Mart for the greatest steals, the haze of confusion over what to get for your teen can become quite excruciating. Teens. Almost an entirely different species. Everyone knows what teens want: more freedom, a new car, no parents. This list is a collaboration of the greatest practical gift ideas that are sure to light up your teen’s face like the holiday lights outside.
1. A laptop
2. A cell phone (unlimited texting is the only way to go)
3. A digital camera (Ashton Kutcher anyone?)
4. A pet (no iguanas please)
5. DVDs (recent movies, favorite movies, entire seasons of shows such as Gossip Girl, Heroes, Lost).
6. An iPod
8. iTunes/Money/Gift Cards
9. Clothes (sometimes gift cards are a more satisfactory gift)
10. The ultimate gift—Robert Pattinson (for the girls of course) and Megan Fox (for the boys)
So maybe item number ten isn’t the most practical gift, but a mix-and-match of any of the Christmas gift ideas for teens is sure to brighten up your holiday!