“How was your day?
What have you done at school today?
Was this what you had imagined about bonding with your kids? Surely not. Here are 15 ways to break out of the one word, yes or no questions that parents are asking teens. These 15 things to talk to your kid about are sure to get them talking and really bonding with you!
1. Tell me the five best things about you.
2. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
3. How much privacy would you like? What time of the day would you like to be alone, and why?
4. Which one of our friends is the funniest looking? Why?
5. If you could arrange it, what time would I come home from work? Then, what would we do together?
6. Can you think of any clothes that I should never put on again? Why?
7. Do you think I drink too much? Have I ever embarrassed you that way?
8. Tell me who you think are the three greatest musicians in the world? Why?
9. What punishment have I given you that you thought was really unfair? Why?
10. If you could change three things about yourself, what would they be?
11. What is the most enjoyable thing our family has done together in the last three years?
12. Do you think that kids as young as twelve can fall in love? If not, at what age do you think that happens?
13. What do you think is beyond the stars?
14. What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?
15. What is your dream vacation? Why?
This Week’s Sponsor:
IntelliCorp InTouch has the experience and resources to provide personal background check and criminal history check products and packages, via an easy-to-use website, that empowers families and individuals to find the answers and peace of mind they seek to protect loved ones and reconnect with family and friends.
IntelliCorp InTouch – Your Answers. Your Peace of Mind.
Want to sponsor us? Check out how you can!