Christmas is a special time of year for many of us. This is the time for caroling, being with family, enjoying the winter weather, giving from the heart, and celebrating the birth of Jesus. Christmas is the time when eggnog is enjoyed, when sweaters are worn, when snow is treated like gold, and when love is shared. Sadly, some of us don’t enjoy nor view Christmas this way. Instead, some of us view Christmas as a time to receive presents. Some of us only desire this holiday for presents and forget its true aspects. Christmas is not all about presents and shouldn’t be viewed this way for the following reasons:
- Presents are items that can be received anytime while this special time with family cannot.
- Presents are unimportant materialistic items compared to family.
- Those who receive present after present expect more and more, causing greed.
- Presents are always available while Christmas only occurs once a year.
- Presents can be bought while family love cannot.
- Presents have no true significance in comparison with family.
- Presents cannot buy true happiness.
These reasons show that presents, materialistic items, don’t compare to our family and the time we have with them. Presents don’t equal Christmas, family time, love, happiness, winter weather, and caroling is what Christmas is all about.